A WOMAN was told to learn how to do her own nails after a visit to the beauty shop left her mortified.
Going to the nail shop is supposed to be an enjoyable experience – after all, you’re forking out a fortune for a manicure that’s meant to last.
This is exactly what one beauty lover, Tiana Kay, from Chicago, the US, thought would happen – but things didn’t go to plan.
In her eyes, she’d leave the salon with a cute set of glossy nails, a snap of which the mum had shown the beauty tech.
The image she had found online had longer nails in a light pink colour with a classy gloss on top.
But despite the whizz promising they’d be able to meet her expectations, Tiana’s fresh manicure was miles off the original design.
Not only was the shape completely off, there was a very visible ombré with dark mauve at the base and white at the tips.
Sharing the mega fail on TikTok, the mum revealed she couldn’t get herself to speak up despite being a lawyer.
”LOOKS BEAUTIFUL TY SooooOOO mucH [sic],” she chuckled in the caption.
It’s safe to say people on social media were just as mortified at the disaster, with dozens flocking to comments to share their thoughts.
One reckoned: ”They can never do your nails the way you wanted. I give up getting my nails done.”
Someone else shared their tip: ”I leave my phone open, facing them, with the picture, so it’s obvious what I want.”
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
A fellow professional added: ”i’m also a lawyer and cannot speak up for myself lmao; no one understands that professional confrontation is different [sic].”
”that’s assault,” a fourth penned whilst another demanded the person responsible for this gets sent to prison.
Luckily for Tiana, things could’ve ended a lot worse – she could’ve found herself with a brutal infection like Shawna Laes did.
When Shawna’s nail broke, she didn’t think much of it – but little did she know what was about to come.
Now left with a dead pinkie, the mum has taken to TikTok to warn fellow beauty fans about acrylics and doing them yourself.
According to Shawna (@shawnaleae), things started going in the wrong direction when she applied superglue on her finger before taking her daughter to Disney World for her birthday.
Sharing her story, the mum, believed to be based in the US, reckoned this is when bacteria got in, leaving her with a nasty infection.
Alarmed, she headed to the hospital, where she stayed several days.
Over this period, her pinkie, which was once rocking a stunning red acrylic, now looked like something from a horror movie – it had turned dark purple.
But this was just the beginning, as soon the infection began to spread to her arm, and this is when doctors diagnosed her with cellulitis.
After being put on IV drip, the mum said her whole body was swollen and she could barely walk.
”Legs, ankles, feet, arms… I’m so full of fluids because my kidney function went from .7 to 2.4.”
Warning others, the mum said: ”Lesson: when you break your nail, put a Band-Aid completely over it until you can get it fixed it is a life or death situation!!”
Unfortunately for Shawna, things didn’t end well for her – the pinkie is necrotic – dead – and doctors even insisted on chopping it off.
Despite the recommendations, Shawna refused to have the procedure done and claims she’s happy to have made the decision to live with it.
According to her, the finger seems to be healing – she even said that a lot of the skin has grown back.
Hearing her story, people on social media were horrified and many flocked to comments to show support.
”i hope your finger will magically heal by itself and donit have to cut it!!!” wished one viewer.
Another claimed: ”this happened to my toe and it went back to normal, give it a few months.”
”Try putting a glove finger over the dressing to keep it put! I had part of the skin on my finger flayed off and that’s how I protected it!” someone else advised.